May School Board Summary
|MAY Board Meeting Summary Friday May 24, 2019 09:00 am By Kevin Dodson|
|The North Platte Catholic Schools Board of Education met Tuesday, May 19th for its monthly meeting via Zoom. The Board approved teaching contracts for Kelsie O’Neill as a McDaid Teacher and Daniel Korensky for K-12 Vocal music. Superintendent Kevin Dodson also announced Maddy Krebs as the new varsity volleyball coach.
The Board heard committee reports, including an update from architect Stephen Granger on the NOW is the Time capital campaign. Asbestos tests are expected within the next few days. Within one week, Mr. Granger and Mr. Dodson will schedule a meeting with the contractor to discuss the time-frame of projects. The priority is the completion of projects before the first day of school in August.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16th at 7:00 p.m.
|4th Quarter/2nd Semester Grading Policy Monday May 04, 2020 08:41 am By Kevin Dodson|
|COVID-19 ADJUSTED GRADING POLICY:
St. Patrick Jr-Sr High
For record keeping purposes in grades 7-12 during the 4th Quarter of March 16th – May 20th, 2020.
1) A grade of Pass/Incomplete will be assigned for the 4th Quarter.
2) If student is given an Incomplete, that student must satisfy the required work given by the teacher in order to achieve a passing grade by the deadline date of June 1st, 2020. Teacher will communicate with students / parents regarding requirements. If after the deadline of June 1st the work is still not completed, the student will receive an incomplete on their permanent academic record.
3) Student semester grade will be no less than their earned 3rd Quarter grade. However, a student may improve their semester grade based on 4th Quarter performance.
|On To College with John Baylor Monday Aug 20, 2018 11:28 am By Jennifer Winder|
|This segment by John Baylor is called: Helping families and schools create two and four-year college graduates with minimal debt.
Students are introduced to John Baylor formally in a few of our classes here at NPSP however this is something students can do on their own. The second video is geared towards parents:
Video 1: CDR-a critical measure to know before saying YES to any college. Juniors and Seniors may have seen this in class.
Video 2:Parents- Tough Love-How to have the money talk with your teens.
Video 3: Good and band US News Study Tips and Canadian Options.
Once again these segments are only about 7 minutes. Well worth the watch and so very full of information!
Sycamore APP is Here! Friday Aug 19, 2016 04:00 pm By Jennifer Winder
|Sycamore School: Family
Sycamore School: Students
Are both now available for download from Google and Apple mobile market places. Users will have access to many of the same great tools enjoyed in the previous versions with a few changes.
1) Interface: You will notice "School" and "Personal" tabs for your convenience and also an emphasis on quick and easy access to student grades which now pop up when visiting the Personal Tab.
2) All Features are FREE: Sycamore has always tried to maintain a one-line item company. The last app didn't lend it self in doing so. Every feature in this new version is part of a the free package. Features from the premium version will arrive in the free version shortly.
A staff app will be released shortly.
If you are trying to login with the old version you may experience some difficulty so please remove the old version from your device and use the appropriate app that features the images seen here.